Thursday, May 14, 2015

PREVIEW of LENAPE/SCANDINAVIAN SYMPOSIUM

Good Morning, Lenape & Scandinavians.
.
 I am pleased to see so many of the Norse family gathered together.
.
I grew up going to school with Swedes, Danes, Norwegians, and Finlanders.  This occasion feels like a class picnic.

We have a long way to go, so let us get started.
.
.
Way back. in 1978,  I bought a book entitled
"Ancient Pioneers, Early Connections."I thought the book was about the Pioneer couple, who are the mascots of the Nebraska Football team. 
.
I started to read the book.  Suddenly I turned the page and read...
.
“Four Thousands Greenlanders Vanished in 1346!:
.
I was 52 years old.  I enjoyed reading history all my life.
.
My family talked about history at the dinner table.   I had NEVER heard of four thousand people vanishing—anywhere at any time!
.
Anita Stromsted, a Scandinavian, wrote that about 4,000 people who vanished from Greenland.  Four Thousand people cannot –just VANISH!
.
I resolved to find out where they went—when I retired. 
.
Over two decades later I began to search for evidence of the Greenlanders.
.
I had kept Anita’s references in my computers. I changed computers three times in those twenty-one years.  Yet, amazing, I was able to find Anita’s file in the left over clutter of three computer systems.
.
Now I will speed things up a bit by saying I found enough evidence to write a manuscript. 
.
I found that the 4,000 Greenlanders were Norse Catholics.  When they vanished they left 18 churches behind.
.
I found a LENAPE History.  The first stanza told me that the Norse Catholics called themselves "LENAPE."
.
I found a book that told me the LENAPE spoke Old Norse.  LENAPE means "abide with the pure."
.
For over a decade my mind has focused on the search for evidence about Norse Catholics, who called themselves LENAPE.
.
I try to say LENAPE whenever I can.  Sometimes when I want to emphasize the religious warfare in the colonies, I may use the words Norse Catholics.
.
You probably have your mind contaminated with the word "Vikings."  "Viking" means "valley place."  Vikings were the people, who lived in the valleys when the Danes, Swedes, and Norsemen occupied England, about the nineth and tenth century.
.
That was the time before the Roman Catholic Church came to the Baltic Sea.

But the Lenape had rowed into the British Isles about a century or two after the death of Christ.
.
Then when the Roman army came to the British Isles, the LENAPE rowed away to Iceland and then they rowed to Greenland ahead of the Norsemen.
.
The LENAPE had this curious belief that God had commanded that people should not kill people.

The LENAPE thought that those people, who killed people, were not pure.  Their solution to invasion was to row away to a another place.

But the Norse and the LENAPE came together in Greenland.  Who won? Well, the Norse became LENAPE.  The Roman Catholic church caught them in Greenland.  The Norse LENAPE became Norse Catholics, who called themselves LENAPE.

In the 12th, 13th, and 14th century the LENAPE rowed to a land they called Mer Riche, which means "Ocean Lands."

So when I say LENAPE, you should think "Norse Catholics."  If your mind plugs in "Viking,"scold yourself.  I am not talking about those guys, who did not pass through Greenland.
.
I wrote a manuscript.  I found a publisher.
.
I told the publisher that I wanted teen-aged boys to read the story.  She had me cut the manuscript in two.
.
While I was waiting another year for her to publish the books, I kept up reading history: about three books on the Norse or Indians a month.
.
Once, I picked up a book of short stories about the American Southwest.  It had a curious title, “The Death of the Great Spirit.”
.
The author, Shorris wrote in 1978 …
“SUPPRESSION of the TRUE HISTORY Of AMERICA is one of the more EXQUISITE WORKS of HUMAN SOCIETY.”
.
Why was Shorris talking about suppression? 
.
I never knew of any suppressed history.
.
I thought surely Shorris was paranoid somehow.
.
This is America: the land of the free; the home of the brave. There were no storm troopers at the doors, where I went to school.
.
I wondered what Shorris meant by “Exquisite Works.’  I think he meant that an exquisite works is a complex mechanism that somehow runs things. 
.
Our watches are exquisite works.  Most of us do not know how they operate, but if we all look at our exquisite works, we can agree that the time is about ?? ??.
.
Then Shorris wrote that:  “The suppressed information is easily available to every citizen.”
.
That is like all of us looking at our watches right now.   We all know what time it is.  We do not know how the exquisite works tells us, but they do.
.
But then Shorris wrote;
.
“yet few are even aware of its existence.”
.
 Wait a minute!  We look at our watches many times a day.  We KNOW they exist.
.
Oh! Shorris was writing about history, not watches.  
.
There is a BIG difference.
.
When I see that my watch is out of time I swiftly reset MY watch.  The exquisite works keeps my watch running on time with yours.
.
But we all carry history in their heads. 
.
Once I found a page in an old book in the library. 
.
George Percy, a Jamestown leader of the Virginia council--twice, was sent by De la Warre in August 1610 to lead seventy men to attack the Paspahegh and Chickahominy Indians.   Those are Lenape names.
.
The force ravaged the Lenape settlements, burned their buildings, decimated their crops, and indiscriminately killed men, women, and children.
.
But, in a brief act of humanity, they captured women with babies and took them into their boats.
.
Then Percy wrote in his journal that the men slit the throats of captured Lenape women.  The men threw the women overboard. Then the men threw Lenape babies into the river, one at a time. The men used the babies for target practice.
.
You did not learn that history in school.  
.
So I cannot reset my mind to make my history be in sync with yours.
.
To make all of us know the same history requires that I have to convince everybody else to change the history carried in their heads—and also the history printed on hundreds of millions of pieces of paper.
.
Taint goanna happen.
.
In 2007, the United States built this pavilion for the Queen of England on the 400-year's anniversary of Jamestown.  The pavilion covers the area of a football field.   In 2010 I was able to visit Jamestown.
.
I was looking for information about the years from 1610 to 1614.  That was the time of Percy’s journal. 
.
 I read most displays. I searched a lot of books in the bookstores.  I went to the video presentations.
.
In one scene of the Jamestown video, artists showed Pocahontas as a vivacious young woman.  That would have been before 1610.  In the next scene, she was married to John Rolfe.  That was after 1615.
.
 There was nothing about the war of extermination;
.
nothing about Samuel Argil capturing Pocahontas because he wanted to "possess" her;
.
nothing about Argil giving her to Thomas Dale, so Thomas could  “possess” her for nine months;
.
nothing about Dale wanting to trade her back to Powhatan in a deal, so that he, Dale, could return to England with the claim that he had "converted" the LENAPE leader—and thereby “converted” all the Norse Catholics in America to the Protestant form of religion.
.
The video did mention that she had a son.  I learned later, that she named the son after the father:  Thomas!
.
No wonder Pocahontas' last words to John Smith were "Your countrymen will lie MUCH!"
.
Here is all the information I found at Jamestown about the years 1610 to 1614.  (Open an empty folder and shake it upside down.)
.
I STILL do not know what really happened in those years.  
.
Do you?
.
On my walk to that parking lot at Jamestown my mind was whispering to me.  
.
"Kiddo, you have been suppressed. They omitted stuff."
.
They suppressed by omission 400 years ago.  Their descendants still suppress by omission.
.
Why?  We fought a war to escape from English tyranny.
.
Now, because of the holes in history left by suppression by omission, even the LENAPE do not really know where they came from.
.
Suppression by omission has robbed millions of LENAPE descendants of their true heritage.  The omission was made to cover the asses of a few English bastards, who died four centuries ago!
.
Do we have our priorities straight?
.
There were savages along the Atlantic coast in colonial America.
.
The savages carried guns and suppressed by omission. 
.
You know the same American History as everybody around you. But the true history of America has been suppressed from everybody.
.
The history "exquisite works" is systematic suppression by omission.
.
The academics told me, repeatedly, with emphasis, “There is no evidence that Norse were in America.” 
.
There was—in their university libraries!
.
But most people in academia prefer to ignore Norse in America.  To them Norse in America is a history that they think does not exist.
.
If they do not want to think about Norse in America, then think how much more difficult it is for academic people to think about NORSE CATHOLICS in America for 1,000 years!
.
The academic educators did not learn that stuff in grade school.  To them that history does not exist.
.
They think it does not exist because the evidence was omitted from their education—but not in their libraries, the museum down the street and the ground.
.
After the Jamestown experience, I began to use the phrase “suppression by omission” more and more. 
.
A few months ago, as I was preparing for this talk, I Googled the phrase to see if such a thing existed.
.
Look what I found!
.
This is what a Michael Parenti has to say about Suppression by Omission.
.
“Suppression by Omission is the most common form of media suppression.”
.
“Whole stories may be left out!”
.
"Anything that makes the People in Power look bad is not likely to be published.
.
“Certainly no information about massive repression, murder, and torture."
.
That stuff is simply omitted.
.
What is wrong with leaving the gruesome stuff out?
.
Well, for one thing, the public has been denied a right to debate the action.  There can be no open criticism because no one knows what really happened.
.
Michael gives two compelling examples of modern suppression by omission.  You may read them by Googling "Suppression by Omission."
.
Then, to me the stunner by Martin, is the phrase, “Suppressed with an Efficiency and consistency that would be called TOTALITARIAN.”
.
But, where is the dictator we have to kill to make things work right?
.
There is NO dictator.  The suppression by omission was systematized in the 17th century, when the dastardly guys also founded our educational system and our government.
.
We are all defenders of our educational system and our government.
.
But we do NOT have to overthrow our government or drastically revise our educational system. 
.
Our problem is the SYSTEMATIC suppression by omission.  
.
Now that we know what the problem is, we can fix it.
.
Shorris told us that the omitted stuff is readily available.
.
All we have to do is study the omitted stuff. We need to make sure our grandkids know that the omitted stuff exists and how to find it.
.
That is what the Symposium is for.  Today we are going to study the stuff that the systematic suppression by omission did not let us learn in school.
.
During the rest of this Symposium you should be asking;
.
 “Why didn’t I learn this stuff in grade school?
.
Now, we, the Lenape, the Scandinavians, and even I, are all one big family.
.
Most of us have Norse DNA.  Most of us speak some of the Norse language: words like “OK, Mon’s day, Tues day, Wodin’s day, Thor’s day, Fry’s day, Mississippi, and Missouri."
.
I would like to give all the family kisses.
.
I am going to present a detailed statement of our family story.
.
WE DO NOT KNOW
About NORSE in AMERICA because
The ENGLISH INVADERS used
SYSTEMATIC 
SUPPRESSION by OMISSION
 for FOUR CENTURIES.

The PROCESS is like a
TOTALITARIAN REGIME
WITHOUT a VISIBLE DICTATOR.
.
If you agree that the statement describes our family, take a kiss from the tray, which will be passed down the row. 
.
We will take a 10-minute break while we enjoy the kisses.
.
 Enjoy the conversation with the rest of the family. 
.
Come back ready to learn what should have been taught in grade school.
- - - - - - - -- - - -- - -- - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Welcome back,
.
Chee-Mah!
While you were enjoying the family kisses, I have put up an image of Cheemah, Mother of the Spirit-Fire.

I envision this as the icon on the patches you will wear when you leave this Symposium.  You may visualize the eagle as the Scandinavians.
.
Scandinavians are those people with Norse heritage, who came to America in the 19th century.
.
Two centuries later, the Scandinavians provided much of the material, machines, and men to stop the military might of three evil dictators.  
.
The Scandinavians still lift America.  I think they can stop a dictator that cannot be seen.
.
You may view the woman as the LENAPE.  
.
The LEANPE stands strong and resolute.  The LENAPE is still abiding with the pure.
.
The LENAPE spirit still points the way to a land of better people.
.
The LENAPE have survived the Little Ice Age, cannibals, the English invasion, and wars of extinction, massacres, and four centuries of suppression. 
.
The LENAPE are still here.  America is a land of better people because they are.
.
The LENAPE spirit pointed the way. 
.
To the freedom of speech and government by council as the LENAPE taught to Roger Williams a century before the Revolution.
.
To the Bill of Rights.
.
 To the LENAPE, CHEROKEE, and SENECA schools in New Jersey for children of oppressed peoples.
.
To the Order of the Arrow, a high badge of honor in the Boy Scouts. 
.
To the musical Oklahoma, where the merging of different cultures promised a better land for all after a decade of war.
.
Cheeeeee—Mah! 
.
The Scandinavian wings.  The LENAPE spirit.
.
Now I will tell you what you should have learned in grade school.


No comments:

Post a Comment